Mitford Hall

Lodge and gates to Mitford Hall

Mitford Hall is a Georgian mansion house and Grade II* listed building standing in its own 85-acre (34 ha) park overlooking the River Wansbeck at Mitford, Northumberland.

It was built in 1828 by the Mitford family to a design by architect John Dobson, to replace their old home, Mitford Old Manor House, on the opposite side of the river.

Since 1993 it has been owned by Shepherd Offshore,[1] the Shepherd family business run by Bruce and Freddy Shepherd.

References

Coordinates: 55°09′48″N 1°44′34″W / 55.1634°N 1.7428°W / 55.1634; -1.7428

This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.