See also: poètic
- (General American) IPA(key): /poʊˈɛtɪk/
- Rhymes: -ɛtɪk
- Relating to poetry.
- Iambics are one form of poetic meter.
- 2013 July-August, Sarah Glaz, “Ode to Prime Numbers”, in American Scientist, volume 101, number 4:
- Some poems, echoing the purpose of early poetic treatises on scientific principles, attempt to elucidate the mathematical concepts that underlie prime numbers. Others play with primes’ cultural associations. Still others derive their structure from mathematical patterns involving primes.
- Characteristic of poets; romantic, imaginative, etc.
- Connecting to the soul of the beholder. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
relating to poetry
characteristic of poets