Margaret Joan Trudeau (née Sinclair, formerly Kemper; born September 10, 1948) is a Canadian author, actress, photographer, former television talk show hostess, and social advocate for people with bipolar disorder. She is the former wife of Pierre Trudeau, 15th Prime Minister of Canada; and is the mother of Justin Trudeau, 23rd Prime Minister of Canada, and his brothers Alexandre and Michel. In 2013, Trudeau was awarded an honorary degree of Doctor of Laws from the University of Western Ontario in recognition of her work to combat mental illness.
- Señora Perez, I would like to thank you. I would like to sing to you, to sing a song of love; for I have watched you with my eyes wide open. I have watched you with learning eyes. You are a mother, and your arms are open wide for your children, for your people. Mrs. Perez, you are working hard.
- 1976 song about Blanca Rodríguez (wife of Carlos Andrés Pérez) according to 4 Feb 1976 New York Times article
- Fidel made it clear in his opening remarks that the parents were important but not nearly as important as the baby. In some pictures Fidel had a big patch of wet saliva on his uniform because he had come over early to cuddle the baby.
A very warm and charming man — I enjoyed him.
I am very proud that Canada helped facilitate this; we have long, trusted ties. . . . This is good news and I celebrate with the Cuban people.
It was very kind of him, he was very proud of what he was doing with their children in establishing them as strong citizens.
What a fabulous place. The people are filled with life and music and happy in spite of very difficult times. Some of them work four jobs to support their families. They are wonderful people and I think this is an opportunity for them to really evolve as they need to.
- sexiest man I’ve ever met
- per Tristin Hopper in 4 November 2015 article in National Post and 5 November 2015 article in Montreal Gazette, regarding Fidel Castro
Quotes about Margaret
- Trudeau and his wife left here Monday by chartered plane on a quick sidetrip to an unidentified nearby island. They arrived here Thursday on a brief "second honeymoon,"
- Trudeau flew in from Tobago, the sister island of Trinidad, where he has been holidaying with his wife since Tuesday. Shortly after his luncheon engagement, Trudeau took a return plane to Tobago to rejoin his wife, Margaret. The Canadian high commission said it was in not in a position to say when the prime minister and his wife would leave Tobago.
- You know my eyes are not very strong. So every day to make them stronger I force myself to look at the sun. I find it very hard. But do you know what I find harder? That is to look into the blue of your eyes.
- Early in 1976, Fidel Castro speaking to Margaret, according to page 317 of Just Watch Me: The Life of Pierre Elliott Trudeau, 1968-2000 by John English.
This article is issued from Wikiquote. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.