Dunragit railway station

Dunragit railway station served the village of Dunragit, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland from 1861 to 1965 on the Portpatrick and Wigtownshire Joint Railway.

Dunragit
The site of the station in 1996
Location
PlaceDunragit
AreaDumfries and Galloway
Coordinates54.8776°N 4.8882°W / 54.8776; -4.8882
Grid referenceNX148574
Operations
Original companyPortpatrick Railway
Pre-groupingPortpatrick and Wigtownshire Joint Railway
Caledonian Railway
Post-groupingLondon, Midland and Scottish Railway British Rail (Scottish Region)
Platforms2
History
12 March 1861 (1861-03-12)Opened
14 June 1965 (1965-06-14)Closed
Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom
Closed railway stations in Britain
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z

History

The station opened on 12 March 1861 by the Portpatrick and Wigtownshire Joint Railway. The signal box, which opened in 1877, was situated on the westbound platform. It was replaced in 1927 by a building. The station closed to both passengers and goods traffic on 14 June 1965.[1]

References

  1. "RAILSCOT - Dunragit". Railscot. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
Preceding station Historical railways Following station
Glenluce
Line and station closed
  Portpatrick and Wigtownshire Joint Railway   Castle Kennedy
Line and station closed


This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.